Use RuuviTags with Hue/Osram/Zigbee?

I’ve been using my dozen or so RuuviTags with my Raspberry Pi W Zero (Influx/Grafana) for a while, all good there.

I recently purchased a few Osram smart power plugs and a Philips Hue Bridge. Not yet setup, but it uses the Zigbee technology as far as I can tell.

Any idea what I’d need to control my plugs based on RuuviTag info? Say Temperature <10C turn on heater (power plug)?

Any pointers in the right direction are appreciated !

Thanks!

Home Assistant or similar home autiomation software might be the solution for you. See https://www.home-assistant.io/

Homeassistant (hassos probably does not handle custom plugins) + ruuvitag custom plugin for homeassistant + automations within hass.

But you really check first how well Hue plays with Osram. IKEA Trådfri does not at all even when all of those use common ZigBee standard communication and IKEA has similar power plugs available.

DM if you need configuration examples or similar, I contacted plugin author to fix custom plugin in order to function with newer homeassistant installations so its documentation should be enough atm.

Plugin I mentioned: Ruuvitag integration to homeassistant (hass.io)

Thanks for all your feedback. I looked into hass.io, but at the end instead of the planned Hue/Osram/Zigbee hardware I ordered and tested various smart devices which can be controlled via WLAN (smart phone app, home automation, etc).

On the RuuviTag side of things I have been using ioBroker, an open source home automation software. It also runs on minimal hardware such as Raspberry Pi and it supports RuuviTags via their BLE “module”.

I can control various devices based on the data the RuuviTags deliver, such as turn on the heater if the temperature is low, send alerts, etc

I would be really cautious with wlan control over stuff that has for example high power heater or similar connected to it. At least I have understood that most of that wlan stuff calls home, whatever server manufacturer has defined and it is big black box about how secure the server and data it contains are. Zigbee limits the exposure into gateway device and Philips/Osram/Ikea probably are using smart ways to handle the calling home part.

But of course anything can be hacked. So control heater only if you know it can run 24/7 without any issues.