RuuviTag Discovery: web interface to see and send measures (MQTT, databases, Home Assistant)

Hi RuuviTags lovers! :slight_smile:

I coded a web interface to discover the RuuviTags, see data and save measures to MQTT, InfluxDB, Graphite and Home Assistant.

It’s a standalone nodejs application AND an Home Assistant add-on (via MQTT discovery).

You can read the github for all the features.

Happy testing! :wink:

7 Likes

This is super. Exactly what I have been looking. Now I don’t need to use Esp32 for Ruuvi discovery :smiley:

edit: For home-assistant

1 Like

Interface works very well. Thanks!
Just wonder if it should make ruuvi device available for automation too?
I understand it should happen through the Targets probably, but not sure how…

1 Like

Yes, you can use RuuviTags with automation. Choose “device” as trigger and select your tag.
Then you should see measures in “Trigger” select.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m surprised there are not more replies than this. In my opinion this is the best way to integrate with Home Assistant right now. I’ve tried almost every way but this one has the best documentation and you don’t need to be a professional programmer to get it running. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, you make my day :wink:

@balda
I’m trying to install your: RuuviTag Discovery to my Raspberry pi os (running homeassistant).
I’m getting following error when I try to install it:

“The command ‘/bin/ash -o pipefail -c apk add --no-cache npm libusb-dev bluez-dev linux-headers eudev-dev build-base python git’ returned a non-zero code: 61”

Any ideas?

I manually installed NodeJS and RT Discovery using this:

Got it running.

1 Like

An issue is opened for this bug https://github.com/balda/ruuvitag-discovery/issues/19.

Sometimes, Home Assistant change something and it breaks the docker build :confused:
(I still don’t have automatic tests when Home Assistant release a new version :wink: )

The bug should be fixed in release 0.1.14 :wink:

The more I use this, the better I like it! :cowboy_hat_face:

While your in there any chance for https://github.com/balda/ruuvitag-discovery/issues/9 refresh?

1 Like

Thanks a lot @dgerman :slight_smile:

I’m still working on the rewrite: it’s almost 90% done :wink:
(little teaser: live refresh will be in ALL pages where measures are displayed)

New release for a big rewrite!
0.2.0 ship live refresh :grin:

Thanks for the update. Updated mine last night and (still) working great!

If you need any ideas for new features in upcoming versions here is something:

• Offset and gain adjustment for temperatures (some ruuvitags seem to need this)
  • Ability to change amount of decimals sent to MQTT (of course it’s possible to do in the receiving end but it would be awesome feature :smiley: )
1 Like

Thanks @Luckypants!
Your ideas are already on my private roadmap :wink:
In fact, I planned a feature to create new custom columns with a math expression like (temperature * 9/5) + 32 for Fahrenheit. So you could do the math you want :slight_smile:

Can be done with custom measures defined with a math expression (release 0.2.6) :slight_smile:
(I’m still working on the “accuracy” feature)

1 Like

Wow! Going install it next weekend. Thank you very much.

This program is even more better with every update!!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you @balda for your excellent work with RuuviTag Discovery for Home Assistant! Just what I needed.

There seems to be an issue with pressure measurement value–seems that decimal point is missing from message. Sample from MQTT messages:

Message 789 received on ruuvi/sensor/e1de2f2d5fbf/pressure/attributes at 12:12 PM:
{
"RuuviTag": "e1de2f2d5fbf",
"Measure": "Pressure",
"Unit": "hPa"
}
QoS: 0 - Retain: false
Message 788 received on ruuvi/sensor/e1de2f2d5fbf/pressure/state at 12:12 PM:
QoS: 0 - Retain: false 

Correct value should be 999.18 here.

Hi,

Checked the data Ruuvitag sends, and there is no comma in pressure. So needs to be managed with custom field I guess.