Ruuvi Station Android updates

We’ve been working hard with new features and codebase enhancements on the Android app.

Ruuvi Station Android version 1.1.1 is already available (closed alpha) and will be promoted really soon to the public beta.

If you would like to join the alpha team for early access, please message me privately on forum, Slack, Telegram or email.

Some of the updates:

• More reliable background scanning
  • Beautified history graphs
  • Absolute humidity
  • Dew point
  • Hygrometer calibration
  • 1-72h history logging
  • Option to show all data points on the graphs
  • Full history export
1 Like

Ruuvi Station 1.1.4 is now available on the public beta program. If you’re a beta tester, you’re now able to update the app on Google Play. If you’re experiencing any issues, please report back to us.

Not really many beta tester seats are currently available:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ruuvi.station

Ruuvi Station 1.1.5 has been finally promoted to production on Google Play.

Version 1.1.5:

Fix air pressure history migration issue with old app versions

Version 1.1.4:

This major release includes several codebase and Bluetooth scanning improvements as well as new features:

- More reliable background scanning
- Beautified history graphs
- Absolute humidity
- Dew point
- Hygrometer calibration
- 1-72h history logging
- Option to show all data points on graphs
- History export

The latest app has many updates compared to the old production build, mostly under the hood. We continue enhancing the apps (both Android and iOS) and will publish updates more often. Currently, the Android app codebase is being refactored to support better our upcoming features such as:

• Bluetooth GATT connection (logged history synchronisation)
  • Virtual sensors
  • Fresh new UX/UI
  • And more

Ruuvi Station Android version 1.4.17 availible for closed alpha testers. Added localisation feature with selection of languages: English, Suomi, Svenska and Russsian. Message privately to @lauri if you want to be included to closed alpha team.

1 Like

New Ruuvi Station Android version 1.4.22 available for beta testers on Google Play Store
What’s new:

• More info in sensor settings
  • Chart improvements
  • Custom alert descriptions
  • Mute button in alerts notifications
  • CSV export fixes
  • Localization fixes
2 Likes

New Ruuvi Station Android version 1.4.26 available for beta testers on Google Play Store
What’s new:

• Enhanced background scanning
  • Enhanced gateway feature
  • Added French localisation
1 Like

New Ruuvi Station Android version 1.5.5 available for beta testers on Google Play Store

What’s new:

• Data history extended to 10 days
  • CSV export enhancements
  • Improvements on the ‘Add a New Sensor’ screen
  • Filtering duplicate Bluetooth measurements
1 Like

New Ruuvi Station Android version 1.5.16 available for beta testers on Google Play Store

What’s new:

• Enhance humidity offset configuration
  • Add temperature offset configuration feature
  • Add air pressure offset configuration feature
  • Improve charts view
  • Improve Bluetooth permissions and user experience
  • Minor other bug fixes
2 Likes

To read the first 1000 history points is fast (few sec) then it more or less stop, and it take forever to read the next 2000 points. Normal?

Yeah, pretty “normal”. I’m having the same. We’re looking for a solution :thinking: Tagging @io53 @Denis_Andreev

New Ruuvi Station Android version 1.5.25 is available for beta testers on Google Play Store

What’s new:

• Ruuvi Network enhancements
  • Added support for Network sensor alerts
  • Saving sensor offsets info to Network
  • Saving application settings to Network
  • Movement added to sensor card
  • Default sensor naming changed
1 Like

Looks like it do not read history points anymore, any changes there? Tag need to be updated?

For me it works as before. With some of the phones it works so slow that it’s almost impossible to sync all the points. I was testing with Pixel 4a and it takes about 15 seconds to sync 2000+ of measurements. But with Huawei P20pro it takes few minutes to sync less than 1000 and then we got timeout.

1 Like

Could it be an idea that your default sync only the last 1000 points, and you have to select something to get all (or more)

1 Like

Starting from 1.5.27 sync interval will be equal to graph view period. So if you set to 3 days instead of 10 it will only sync this period. Version with these changes will be released during August.

1 Like

What is the “Network” in this post? Is it the sensor, the App, or something else?

Ruuvi cloud service for gateway.

Sorry but I am still lost. Denis’s message on June 15 was about Ruuvi Station Android updates. Can it be used to access a “Ruuvi cloud service for gateway”, whatever it is?

I use my RuuviTags with iOS and Android Apps, and sometimes upload measurement logs via email and Google Drive. I have not seen anything related to “Ruuvi cloud service for gateway” in the Apps.

Please help me further with this.

Recently available, the Ruuvi Gateway Is a small device which collects data from Ruuvi Tags (using bluetooth) and uploads it to the RuuviCloud (using your wifi router). The bluetooth receiver is more sensitive than most, for example mobile phones, which effectively increases the range.

Data from the RuuviCLoud is viewable with the normal RuuviStation application and soon will also be available via a web browser.

See https://ruuvi.com/gateway/ for more details

I ordered the early bird Ruuvi Gateway about 2 months ago, still waiting for the delivery. And looking forward to receiving it. Now I have a few spare Android phones in different parts of my home for constant data collection. Hardly an ideal solution.

I had a look at the Apps and could not figure out how to access the Ruuvi Cloud. I found a setting for “Lataa ja tallenna verkkopalvelusta”. I assume this was the Ruuvi Cloud but I found no way to set up the “verkkopalvelu”.

About saving sensor offsets and App settings in the network, what happens if I use several phones to access the RuuviTags…whose offsets and settings are stored in the Ruuvi Cloud?