Quick demo for RuuviTag dashboards

I wanted to have a quick demo of a RuuviTag dashboard that I could install on any Linux computer, and I didn’t find one that was easy to install, so I created this myself:

With a simple docker-compose up -d you fire up seven Docker containers:

• bt-mqtt-gateway: Reads RuuviTag sensor measurements using Bluetooth Low Energy and forwards them to a MQTT broker. I have added RuuviTag support to this project. It hasn’t been merged yet, so for now this is the Docker container of my own fork.
  • HiveMQ MQTT Web Client: Connects to Mosquitto and shows you the MQTT messages in your web browser using WebSockets.
  • Mosquitto: Receives the MQTT messages from bt-mqtt-gateway and relays them to anyone who is interested.
  • Node-RED: Subscribes to the MQTT messages from Mosquitto and shows the values in a dashboard.
  • Telegraf: Collects MQTT messages from Mosquitto and sends the values to InfluxDB.
  • InfluxDB: Stores all the values of the RuuviTag measurements in a time-series database.
  • Grafana: Shows the values of the InfluxDB database in a dashboard.

You have access to:

The Node-RED and Grafana dashboards are basic, and pre-configured for three RuuviTags. You can change the dashboards at will.

Note that this is purely a demo of how you can process RuuviTag sensor measurements and feed them to MQTT, a database and dashboards, so there’s no security such as encryption and authentication. Only use this demo for evaluation purposes.

2 Likes

I have now extended the demo with some nicer dashboards.

Grafana dashboard:

Node-RED dashboard:

2 Likes