Built-in storage and logging frequency

According to the website " The Ruuvi sensors have built-in storage enabling them to store 10 days of measurement data in five (5) minutes interval. You can import the data to the Ruuvi Station mobile app at any point by pressing “sync” button in the app. This means that even when leaving from the Bluetooth range, you will be able to see a detailed 10 days history when coming back and synchronizing"

However, when I sync with my phone daily, I see the logging does not happen continuously and stops. Also, I noted that the frequency is logging isn’t in 5 mins. You see the snippet here.

Is this a normal behavior? How can I log data for a week without connecting to my phone so I can download once a while? Thanks.

Hello,

To sync the data to your phone from RuuviTag internal memory, you need to connect the phone to the sensor. If your sensors are somewhere remote, Ruuvi Gateway is the best way to get the data without needing your presence.

Ruuvi Station app database stores the all data what your phone - history sync (5 minutes interval) - background scanning - scanning when the app is open. So it’s not always 5 minutes interval which is downloaded from the sensor.

When you are syncronizing the data from the sensor, is that working normally? How the graphs look like?

As seen in the photo it misses a chunk of data as if it stopped logging at some point and resume when I connect to the phone.
What I am confused is the statement on Ruuvi

" The Ruuvi sensors have built-in storage enabling them to store 10 days of measurement data in five (5) minutes interval."

Does it store the data locally at 5 min interval?
If so, why is there a break at 14:38 (5/26)?

Here is what I am doing.
I have a sensor in my van and connect to the sensor via my iPhone everyday or two. I expect to see a history of the data up to the sync when I do this. However, there is a gap.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response. It is not the download interval that I am concerned about. According to Ruuvi website, “The Ruuvi sensors have built-in storage enabling them to store 10 days of measurement data in five (5) minutes interval”. I get that the data will be downloaded whenever it is connected to the phone/app of course. Thanks.

Yes, sensor stores 10 days history in 5 minutes interval as long as battery is not empty or it’s not removed (losing power will wipe the history in sensor).

“You can import the data to the Ruuvi Station mobile app at any point by pressing “sync” button in the app”

It’s not happening automatically, did you press the sync button on the graph screen?

I can sync it manually but as I noted, there is a gap. For example, when I click Sync, shouldn’t it sync the past 10 days?

What happens when you click the sync? Does it start to do something or do you get some notification?

Is the sensor added to only one iOS device?

Could you try to remove the sensor and then add it again, and then test sync again?

It does sync. The problem is, there is a gap in the data. For example, there is a missing portion in the data (see the red line below). I hope this makes sense to you guys. The issue is not about sync’ing. When it syncs there is a mission portion. I suspect the sensor is not logging to the local storage all the time. I don’t know what else I can make it clear. Thanks in advance.

No it doesn’t sync and that’s most probably the problem. There would not be gap in the data if sync is working (in both graph and Excel).

Did you try to remove the sensor in app and add it again.

1 Like

Resetting fixed the problem. Thanks.

Hey!

This may be caused by old sensor firmware. Make sure you’ve updated RuuviTag to the latest firmware. Currently it’s 3.31.1. Otherwise this situation may repeat.

1 Like

However, when I sync with my phone daily, I see the logging does not happen continuously and stops. Also, I noted that the frequency is logging isn’t in 5 mins. You see the snippet here.pikashow
ppsspp emulator

Hello @scientist223311 are you possibly running an Android 13 device?