Simplest and lightest way to send data to openweathermap

Sorry if this is already discussed, but didn’t find topic so opening new one.

Basicly I have Raspberry Zero W which works as Pi-hole for now and that function is planned to stay… I was just wondering that if no need for Grafena etc. just reading sensor data and sending it to the openweathermap as station ( Weather Stations - OpenWeatherMap ), would Zero W has enought power to do that alogside of working as Pi-hole?

Also what would be simplest / easiest and most lightest (in resources wise) way to do that. And also, since I didn’t yet read lot of information from openweathermap, if you have experience from it… Will it allow to sent data as “weather station” when not all data availabale (wind, etc.)?

I hope it is possible to join by using only RuuviTag and there would be some easier solution I would find by myself. After all if more data could be offered there, that would lead to better forecast, more accurate data overall etc. But with that said, is it normal to send pressure data as actual (I would think it is) and then service will decide wether or not to compensate that as location hight etc…

1. The Pi Zero W is incredibly powerful. For example I have 13 months of data in the influxDB for 10 +/- RuuviTags totaling over 7 million events which include temperature, humidity, air pressure, X, Y, Z information, battery voltage, movement counter and measurement sequence number. It takes ONLY 72 seconds to count and group by MAC all that. To find the first (oldest) entry for each MAC takes 2 seconds and less than 1 second to report the last(most recent) values.
    I’m sure that it can manage to do DNS lookups for Pi-Hole and catch advertisements for a number of RuuviTags.

2. The easiest was to catch and examine the advertisements from RuuviTags is using the blue tooth diagnostic utilities hcitool to suck in packets and hcidump to snoop the packets and output them in hex to be piped to your code (there are better ways to do this).

3. Regarding weather : Local ground level environmental conditions contribute only very slightly to current “weather” and even less to forecasting. Consider the wind direction at ground level is rarely related to high altitude winds which do have an impact on current and forecasted weather. Plug: See my http://mybeacons.info/windvane.html which adds wind direction to the sensor information.

4. Air Pressure: Although observing a rising or falling air pressure is widely considered an indicator of changing weather conditions I have been unable to observe any sort of correlation.
    The best use that I can think of for the air pressure sensor in the RuuviTag is to detect and measure short term change in elevation. It is sensitive enough to report even a 1 meter change. I haven’t yet thought of a good use for that.

Thanks I try those, or probably with ruuvitag-sensor.

Do you think Zero W would have enough power to run both, Pi-Hole and Home Assistant? I have Diet-Pi running on my Zero W and Home Assistant is at the Diet-Pi optimized apps.

I know this wouldn’t be simplest way, not lightest, but in my case using Home Assistant would limit to RuuviTags & Ikea Trådfri lights. If more need at future, then RPi 4 or 5. Sure I haven’t yet read would this & ruuvi-friends make it possible to send Openweathermap, just thinking some steps further.