Ruuvitag-logger and viewer on Raspberry Pi 3

OK thanks for the quick reply. That makes some sense. Iā€™ll pick up another 3B and use this 3B+ for something else.

I guess you can make it work by replacing start.elf on the card with one copied from latest Raspbian. At least thatā€™s how it usually works.

Oh, and you might need a new kernel too to support the USB and Ethernet ports (the new chip).

Hi,
My Rasp is Raspberry Pi 3 Model B V 1.2 and ruuviberry started fine from the latest image - ruuviberry_2018_04_18.img.
But the WLAN seems to be totally missing. The OS canā€™t even find any adapters. othervise the OS seems to be OK. Is this a bug or a feature?

This is a feature, the Raspberry should advertise itself as a ā€œRuuviGWā€ hotspot. You can remove br0 which bridges the Ethernet and WiFi together.

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™m a newby in Rasbian world. Where exactly I ought to remove br0? Removing it from etc/network/interfaces make no difference and there are 416 files or directories named br0?

@Andre_Norrback Could you help here?

Finally looping back because Iā€™m tired of being tethered. I tried a few resources, most directed me to the method shown here. When I hover over the network connection tray icon it says ā€œbr0: Departed,ā€ and I have no network access even with an ethernet cable connected. Rebooting always results in br0 coming back. I recall also trying to edit the network configuration files with no luck. @otso or @Andre_Norrback can you help?

Hello,

Itā€™s probably easiest to setup the Pi from scratch with these instructions

1 Like

Great. Thanks. I had those instructions from scattered posts and itā€™s handy to have them in one place. Also maybe Iā€™m missing out on some nice utility of the basal setup. Whatā€™s the purpose of having it set up as a hotspot?

Hello,

The image is setup as a hotspot because it allows people to connect to it and view the data without finding the IP address of the Pi from a router or a network scan.

Hi Otso,
A real beginner hereā€¦
I have an Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and tried to follow the instructions that you linked to.
I installed the latest version of Rasbian Stretch release date 2018-10-09
Got Grafana and InfluxDB working toghter but I can not get RuuviCollector to work, I totally lost with with it.
Is it possible that someone can make an ISO image for me for the latest version of Pi?

Hello,

Weā€™ll update the image at some point, but I canā€™t promise exact schedule.
What is your issue with the RuuviCollector?

Hi,
Tanks for fast replay.
My problem seems to be with HCIDump and HCITool. You have to remeber that Iā€™m a totally green with this so there can other things also.
So perhaps the fastest solution for me would be to buy a P 2 or 3B?

Christer

Have you checked the github.com/scrin/RuuviCollector instructions on how to run HCItool without sudo?

Jep, perhaps I will try to start allover again to be sure I got all other parts installed correct and not messed up with wrong paths and so

No luck with anything I triedā€¦
Ruuviberry images, different versionsā€¦ no luck
Installing one by oneā€¦ no luck

So my question is: Is it the easiest way for me to buy Raspberry pi 2?

Hello, the latest image runs on Pi 3B (Not 3B+)

I noticed that, sometimes itā€™s not a good thing to buy the latest toyā€¦
At least I have learned a lot even if I do not have anything up and running :smile:
Have to buy a Pi3B so I can start logging.
Thank you all for all advices and help

Not being a pro, I spent hours with the ruuviberry imageā€¦ony to finally find out here that it doesntā€™ work with the latest 3B+.
What about adding a note in the blog?
Itā€™s a trap for dummies today.
(https://blog.ruuvi.com/rpi-gateway-6e4a5b676510)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I added a note