Ruuvitag-logger and viewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Log RuuviTags data to SQLite database and Dweet.io and show charts on the RPiā€™s website

Charts demo: https://dima.fi/ruuvitag-logger/

Used elements

Sources and instructions: https://github.com/dimamedia/RuuviTag-logger

Changelog:
Fixed chartJSā€™s height problem.

2 Likes

Having trouble with the ruuvitag-logger.py script resulting in error when checking if database exists before creating it.
Any suggestions on how to resolve?

pi@raspi:~/ruuvitag $ ./ruuvitag-logger.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ./ruuvitag-logger.pyā€, line 50, in
if cursor.fetchone()[0] != ā€œsensorsā€:
TypeError: ā€˜NoneTypeā€™ object is not subscriptable

My bad. Thanks for reporting.

Iā€™ve repaired it now and github source updated.

Or you can replace this line

if cursor.fetchone()[0] != "sensors":

with these:

row = cursor.fetchone()	
	if row is None:

Hi,
it want to install your project but have problems finding out the MAC adresses of my RuuviTags.
Tried with nFConnect but there it shows ā€œAdress not availableā€.
Do you have any hint how to find my MACs?

Best regards
Axel

Are you using iOS or Andriod as a scanner?
I think iOS might hide the MAC in some cases.

iOS, iPad and iPhone the same

I just reviewed 22 iPhone apps I have and none of them show MAC.
DO you have access to an android device? Or know someone who has an android phone/tablet?
My favorite iPhone app is BLE scanner by BluepixelTechnologies. It does not show MAC on iPhone.
Apparently the version is different on an android device and there it DOES show the MAC. Best advice is to use a android or find someone who has one.

I want to setup the project of this topic and the configuration needs the MAC adressā€¦

ok, thanks. But where do I get the MAC in order to configure the project? Any idea?

thanks for help, seems to be the easiest way to look for an androidā€¦

Iā€™ve heard that iOS BLE stack does not give MAC address to applications for privacy reasons, maybe this is the case here?

@Axel If you have a Raspberry Pi you can use one of the RasPi examples to find MAC addresses of your tags

Thanks for all the tips. I could read out the MAC under Androidā€¦

I am running the readymade image on raspberry pi 3 and reading the ruuvi.local on desktop att the same local network. Among other things i need to get this setup off the local network and in to a server. Ill work on that more later. This Grafana seems to be a wonderous thing. It may very well prove to be just the thing for my beehive sensors. (ā€¦If it can do a notification if temp rises suddenly)

I noticed that grafana updates the graphs immediately after i do hcitool lescan on the Pi (im not sure if it does update ever if I don`t do a scan, May just be my impatience :slight_smile: )

Has anyone else tried running the current ruuviberry image on a pi 3 B+ . I have had no problems with that image on a 3 B, but cannot boot successfully on the 3 B+. I flash the card with Etcher and have tried both flashing using Windows and flashing on a Mac.

The image is made on 3B, and since it is a binary image it is probably not compatible with 3B+

OK thanks for the quick reply. That makes some sense. Iā€™ll pick up another 3B and use this 3B+ for something else.

I guess you can make it work by replacing start.elf on the card with one copied from latest Raspbian. At least thatā€™s how it usually works.

Oh, and you might need a new kernel too to support the USB and Ethernet ports (the new chip).

Hi,
My Rasp is Raspberry Pi 3 Model B V 1.2 and ruuviberry started fine from the latest image - ruuviberry_2018_04_18.img.
But the WLAN seems to be totally missing. The OS canā€™t even find any adapters. othervise the OS seems to be OK. Is this a bug or a feature?

This is a feature, the Raspberry should advertise itself as a ā€œRuuviGWā€ hotspot. You can remove br0 which bridges the Ethernet and WiFi together.

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™m a newby in Rasbian world. Where exactly I ought to remove br0? Removing it from etc/network/interfaces make no difference and there are 416 files or directories named br0?