We are delighted to announce the release of Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.13.1. This latest version includes several new features, enhancements, and bug fixes aimed at providing a superior user experience.
- mDNS service implementation for resolving the Gateway hostname as “RuuviGatewayXXXX.local”
- Enhanced LED indication (Refer to the documentation: GW ESP32 LED - docs)
- MQTT: Option to disable Retain flag
- Introduction of a write-bearer token for secure API-based configuration saving
- Inclusion of reset reason and additional debug information in HTTP statistics
- Renaming of configuration WiFi hotspot to “Configure Ruuvi Gateway XXXX” to be more intuitive
- Configuration Wizard improvements:
a. “Show password” icon added to all password fields
b. Alphabetical sorting and increased maximum display limit for WiFi networks
c. Backend check and validation
d. Display of nRF52 firmware version
- Restriction of LAN access during WiFi hotspot activation
- Bundle update for CA Root Certificates
- Replacement of “ESP HTTP Client” with “Ruuvi HTTP Client” for HTTP/Websocket client
- Reproducible build implementation
- Configuration Wizard refinements:
a. Access settings page: API-key disabling when “Remote configurable without a password” option is selected
b. Prevention of unnecessary Wi-Fi list page refresh if no changes are detected
c. Redesign of certain pages, along with language corrections and other refinements
- Elimination of false task watchdog triggering
- Resolution of static IP configuration loss after downloading an empty configuration from a remote server
- Prevention of network watchdog activation in the absence of nearby Ruuvi sensors
- Addressing memory insufficiency during software update checks with active MQTT over SSL
- Configuration Wizard: Fix: Static Ethernet IP address does not work unless all fields are specified
We invite our esteemed beta testers to begin testing the Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.13.1. Your valuable feedback will help us enhance the user experience and ensure the firmware is well-optimised before the final release. We appreciate your continued support and contributions to the Ruuvi Gateway project. If you would like to participate in beta testing, you can enable receiving updates immediately after their release in the Configuration Wizard on the Automatic Updates page. For more information, please refer to the documentation: Automatic updates - docs
Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.1 Release Announcement
We’re thrilled to announce the release of Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.1, packed with new features, enhancements, and crucial bug fixes. Here’s a quick overview of what’s new:
- Simultaneous support for two HTTP targets (Ruuvi Cloud and custom HTTP server).
- Ability to decode Ruuvi data formats 5 with the “/history” API endpoint.
- Implementation of blacklist/whitelist filtering by sensor MAC address.
- Enhanced SSL certificate handling for custom HTTP and MQTT.
- Firmware update source changed from GitHub to Ruuvi server.
- Improvements to stack usage, data resending, UI refinements, and more.
- Numerous fixes including connection timeouts, memory leaks, and handling of various network errors.
Explore the full details of this release Release v1.14.1 · ruuvi/ruuvi.gateway_esp.c · GitHub.
This update continues our commitment to making Ruuvi Gateway the most robust and user-friendly platform. Your feedback is crucial for us, so please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts or report any issues.
Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.2 Release Announcement
We are excited to announce the release of the Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.2 hotfix. This bug-fix release addresses a small number of bugs that could cause occasional reboots. We’ve taken these reports seriously and have made the necessary rectifications.
List of Changes:
- Bug fixes:
- Gateway reset by panic caused by wifi library on software reboot.
- Stack overflow in MQTT.
- Stack overflow in task adv_post_task.
- Reduced frequent log messages stating “Can’t send advs, the time is not yet synchronized”.
- Corrected the LED notification behavior for custom HTTP target regarding network connection issues.
This update is currently available to our dedicated beta-testers. We thank you for your invaluable feedback that helps us make improvements. Regular customers can expect access to this update soon.
Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.3
We are pleased to share the release of the Ruuvi Gateway Firmware v1.14.3. This forthcoming bug-fix release is aimed at resolving specific issues, enhancing the stability and functionality of our firmware.
- Fixed the stack overflow during the establishment of SSL connections with specific HTTPS servers.
- Resolved task watchdog triggers for various threads during an SSL connection establishment with specific HTTPS servers.
- Fixed rare stack overflow in the TCPIP thread (“tiT”).