OTA firmware flashing too fast (nothing is stored i think)

Hi!
When doing OTA firmware I pressed buttons LED becones red, then rf connect connects to tag and led becomes green. I select the zip file and then the char appears but it desapears in the same second and no progress is shown. Then the behaviour of the firware is the default and not related with nwe compiled firmware

Alex

Hello,

the DFU should take a few seconds, there’s plenty of time for you to see the progress graph. Which firmware you’re trying to upload?

Thanks

It is my first time dealing with this

I downloaded this: https://github.com/ruuvi/ruuvitag_fw

I did make two times

nrfutil for folder: …/ruuvitag_fw/ruuvi_examples/ruuvi_firmware/ruuvitag_b/s132/armgcc

and then tried to flash it using android

Is there anything wrong?
Is there any place where I can get the steps needed to customize firmware?
(I just need to change broadcast/advertisement frequency to 10s)
Thanks a lot

It is beeing very hard to overcome this problem. Anyway, here is more details:

I tryed to flash the ruuvi_firmware_dfu_1.2.12.zip file, available at https://lab.ruuvi.com/dfu/ which has a footprint of 50,3 kB and it is done correctly (I can see the progress until 100%)

however when I try to flash my compiled zip file no progress is seen (I see starting DFU and then Disconnecting) and it returns to the previous activity.
One different I see is that my zip file has a footprint of 84 K when compared with 50,3K of the official zip file. By the way, at source code level I just changed 1000 to 10000 (broadcast freq.)

Any tip? I am I building zip file with wrong arguments. Where can I get the right ones? Do I need to create a certificate file?

Here is the cmd I am using:

~/ruuvitag_fw/ruuvi_examples/ruuvi_firmware/ruuvitag_b/s132/armgcc$ nrfutil pkg generate --hw-version 3 --sd-req 0x91 --application-version 1 --application _build/ruuvi_firmware.hex --key-file ~/ruuvitag_fw/keys/ruuvi_open_private.pem ruuvi_firmware_dfu.zip

Note: the sdk nRF5_SDK_12.3.0_d7731ad.zip was downloaded while making stage. How can I see the Soft Device being used (already burned in the tag)?

Thanks
Alex

Hello,

Please use --debug-mode argument when creating the zip. I think that the original bootloader ships with --hw-version 52, as it was hardcoded into SDK12.3 bootloader.

p.s. Please ping me as @otso so I get email notification and can reply faster or use reply-to-post :slight_smile:

It works now! :slight_smile:

|===============================================================|
|## ## ### ######## ## ## #### ## ## ###### |
|## ## ## ## ## ## ## ### ## ## ### ## ## ## |
|## ## ## ## ## ## ## #### ## ## #### ## ## |
|## ## ## ## ## ######## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ####|
|## ## ## ######### ## ## ## #### ## ## #### ## ## |
|## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ### ## ## ### ## ## |
| ### ### ## ## ## ## ## ## #### ## ## ###### |
|You are generating a package with the debug bit enabled in the |
|init packet. This is only compatible with a debug bootloader |
|and is not suitable for production. |
Zip created at ruuvi_firmware_dfu.zip

It shows a warning about debug… But If we must to use debug version, no problem…

Thanks a lot

Alex