Has anyone used Wirepas Connectivity with Ruuvi?

I was really wondering about things we can do with the Wirepas Connectivity. I would really like to see a implementation and if someone has done so had these questions :

How quickly can you use the wirepas connectivity to change the UUID broadcasted by beacon?
How much time the update takes if something is done through wirepas connectivity?
How its implemented, I mean how do we use wirepas connectivity to connect beacons to the internet?

1 Like

Did you get a response to this? I am interested in the answers also.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Wirepas is a proprietary mesh protocol, has licensing fees and is suitable for business customers.

We’ve got many clients who are using RuuviTags + Wirepas firmware and are happy with the results. Currently, asset tracking is one of the main uses.

If you would like to explore Wirepas in more detail, we suggest to contact their sales team directly.

2 Likes

So can we not create our own bluetooth mesh system, but too technical for me.

Bluetooth.com says this for example.
In contrast, a mesh network has a many-to-many topology, with each device able to communicate with every other device in the mesh (we’ll examine that statement more closely later on in the section entitled “Bluetooth mesh in action”). Communication is achieved using messages, and devices are able to relay messages to other devices so that the end-to-end communication range is extended far beyond the radio range of each individual node.

Hello @lauri, just received our Ruuvi dev kits and a ton of Ruuvi tags, with your personal note, thank you!

We’re also a recent Wirepas licencee, and as a 1st project we’re trying to recreate the Wirepas Mesh Evaluation Kit.

We’re using a Raspberry Pi and the Wirepas Reference Implementation Gateway: https://github.com/wirepas/gateway

Questions:

1. what USB dongle are people using with it ?
    a) is the Nordic nrf52840 USB dongle (https://www.nordicsemi.com/?sc_itemid={CDCCA013-FE4C-4655-B20C-1557AB6568C9}) ?
    b) or are they using a full Nordic nrf52832 dev board ?

2. As anyone shared code on github for using the RuuviTags with Wirepas ?

Kind regards,
Mat

1 Like

Hello,

Personally I’ve used nRF52-DK as the USB dongle as well as some nRF52832-based USB dongles which were at prototype stage at the time, I think 52840 is supported, but please verify this with Wirepas.

Wirepas firmware comes under NDA and therefore the code cannot be shared publicly. As the code is under Wirepas licenses, it’s best to ask for the sources and support directly from them.

1 Like