Firmware update 1.14.3 --> 1.15.0 fails

En saa frimware päivitettynä 1.14.3 versiosta 1.15.0 versioon. Liitteessä ruudunkaappaukset.
Ruuvi gateway fw fail.pdf (107.9 KB)
yt
-mike-

Kiitos raportista. Me tutkimme asiaa hetimmiten. 1.15 on tosiaan onneksi vasta betassa, joten nyt onkin oikea aika löytää ongelmat jos sellaisia on :slight_smile:

1 Like

To install the beta version you need the following URL: https://github.com/ruuvi/ruuvi.gateway_esp.c/releases/download/v1.15.0
Or you can configure the gateway to automatically install beta versions, see docs here: Automatic updates | docs (the beta version will be installed 40 minutes after reboot or within 12 hours if gateway is not rebooted)

1 Like

Thanks. This way I got it to work, little funny the text as you can see in the screenshot. The latest version is older than installed :grin: also when I pressed “update” it installed the old version so I had to do it once more and not press “update” press continue and skip update :wink: It also look like it update it right away?!
Ruuvi GW uppdate 2.pdf (61.5 KB)

Then I couldn’t find how to change the station IP address to static here from web UI is it so that this has to be done through the wifi hotspot?!

This way I got it to work, little funny the text as you can see in the screenshot. The latest version is older than installed

Yeah, I agree, it’s a bit confusing. It shows v1.14.3 as the latest because v1.15.0 has not been released yet for regular users.
Please don’t forget to switch “Automatic Updates” to “Manual Updates Only” if you installed the beta release manually: Automatic updates | docs
Otherwise, the gateway will install the latest released version (v1.14.3) automatically.

Then I couldn’t find how to change the station IP address to static here from web UI is it so that this has to be done through the wifi hotspot?!

Setting the IP address for a Wi-Fi connection is not supported, but this option is available for Ethernet.

Mike said:I can’t get the firmware updated from 1.14.3 to 1.15.0. Attached are screenshots.
Ruuvi gateway fw fail.pdf (107.9 KB)
yt
Lauri replied: Thank you for the report. We will investigate the matter as soon as possible. Luckily, 1.15 is only in beta, so now is the right time to find the problems if there are any :slight_smile: