Connecting to RuuviTag from Windows laptop

Hello,

New to Ruuvitag. I have tried to connect from my Windows 10 laptop to Ruuvitag for making javascript software using Espruino Web IDE but I haven’t got connection to Ruuvitag.

I have installed Asus USB-BT400 Mini Bluetooth Dongle 4.0 LE + EDR USB-adapter that should compatible with Ruuvi but I can’t get any connection to work.

Any ideas where to start?

Hello,

Windows 7 required driver update, but I think Windows 10 should support Espruino out of the box.
Which Espruino firmware version you have uploaded to RuuviTag?
Do you have other Espruino devices to test if they work?

Hello,

I updated my Ruuvitag firmaware to latest one (https://lab.ruuvi.com/dfu/).And then I uploaded
espruino_2v04_ruuvitag.zip. But after espruino_2v04_ruuvitag.zip Ruuvitag sensor didn’t response to anything.

So, I uploaded again Ruuvitag firmware.

Is espruino_2v04_ruuvitag.zip needed and if it is what is the order of update?

I’m using nRF Connect from Android for updates.

Order of updates doesn’t make a difference. I’ve tested only Espruino v1 versions, I’ll check if there’s something in Espruino changelog.

There’s not anything on the change logs which would indicate a great, and 2.00 has been tested on RuuviTags by Espruino according to changelog.

Can you check with smartphone and nRF Connect app if the tag is advertising?
And could you post a screenshot of your Espruino IDE while scanning for RuuviTags?

Okay, now I managed Laptop and Ruuvitag communicate using Esprino IDE.

But still one question. After I have uploaded Esprino Ide Firmware to Ruuvitag I can’t get connection from my Mobile phone(Android) using your sample Phone application.

I know that Ruuvitag has two buttons R and B (R is the lower one) and modes URI and RAW but pressing these two ones I can’t get it working.

So, If upload Esprino IDE firmware Android App is not working and if I upload Ruuvitag firmware I can’t get Esprino IDE working… So what are the phases to get these both working?

Br

Hello,

Espruino and Ruuvi Firmware are different programs, and RuuviTag can run only one at a time.

Okay, thanks for answer :slight_smile: