I got my Gateway yesterday and started setting it up this eve. Have to say, there are too many issues which makes me too mad to describe them in discrete way so I’m just listing them.
- Finding a WiFi or LAN MAC address is (quite) impossible prior to setting the gateway up (which may need some tuning of MAC authentication at routers). Actually WiFi MAC seems to be in QR code in the bottom of the gateway but MACs should be clear visible some where.
- Won’t negotiate 1GB when wired. Multiple, working fine with other devices, wires tested.
- With WiFi, reports a wrong DHCP server - gateway - instead of the real DHCP server
- There’s no possibility to define a static network settings when using WiFi
- Disconnects WiFi connection into RuuviGatewayXXXX AP every now and then
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/auth.html (where it asks if English or Finnish shall be used) is missing a button to enter you language selection and to go forward.
The product and packaging looks professional and finalized enough for me but the software inside is a bit dissappointment.
- The WiFi DHCP address was supposingly a mistake, perhaps it really happend to be a duplicate to an already existing device or someting (issue removed by now)
- There are several ruuvitags around visible for mobile app but MQTT reports repeatedly “status” “offline”, why?