Android - Ruuvitag scanner, datalogger/sender

Same use as me Mr So.

I have changed the hive indents in my hive manager to match the first two pairs of the MAC address on the three I have been testing.

Not ideal but workable.

What op sys version are your devices running?

I picked up a cheapo tablet running 5.1 and it crashes out instantly.

Hi Motobinman, both devices are on Android 6.0.1, I can leave CentriaRuuvitag scanning for hours before it stops working and then I just have to reopen it and it is fine again.

Looks like after the weatherstation software update this app donā€™t work anymore. Before this was working but now it shows only zeros

Hi @Sami_Ristiluoma, update will be published for our app tomorrow (or latest Wednesday)

Our app has now been updated:

(problem actually was with Androidā€™s Base64 parsing, with new data format it decoding always caused exception, not sure)

2 Likes

Hmm. I just tried the latest posted version with Sony Z1C (Android 5.1.1) and when I pressed start scanning button the result was app crash.

i went out and bought a used Samsung S5 upgraded it to Android 6 and it runs fine.

So now I have to carry two bloody phones.

Isnā€™t technology wonderful

Was hoping for a simple temp and humidity app with logging and no need for internet access for iphone/ iPad. Fat chance of that it seems. :slight_smile:

Guys, Iā€™ll put someone in charge of investigating these issues. For internet connection, for sure it can be done, but in our use we needed that one. But its easy to make version that does not use internet connect. For crashing, I have hard time while replicating this, but let see what our guys can doā€¦

Any news on this topic?
Installed on Galaxy Alpha 850F.
Crashes in any configurationā€¦

We will update the app, but at the moment we have no resources to do it. Community support is welcome as all code is in Github

We have now started working with the update, if you have ideas/feature requests, please let me know. I think we are dropping requirement for internet/GPS in first release, this makes app much more usable and more ā€œstandaloneā€. Those features (with configurable URL for backend) might be added later. Iā€™ll keep forum updated on our progress and will send you some pre-release versions

3 Likes

Great!

For us who have several RuuviTags at one location it would be nice if we could give the tags friendly names so we donā€™t have to remember which MAC address is which tag.

Looking forward to try the new version.

1 Like

Any update on the app? As mentioned in an earlier comment by someone it crashes once I select ā€œStart Scanningā€ā€¦ :disappointed:

Beta of our next version is now available.
http://bit.ly/2ti4vNO

For contribution/ideas/issues (this is development repo)

Stable souce can be soon found from:
https://github.com/ruuvi/android-app

4 Likes

Nice! So far I didnā€™t see any problems. Thanks for friendly names :smiley:

It crashed once yesterday. No idea why. I had just opened it on screen.

The Android app created by @tmakinen (on Slack) and thanks also @jari.isohanni can be found now on

and also

https://lab.ruuvi.com/android-app

is updated.

It wonā€™t install on my phone with Android 5.1. I uninstalled the previous version but still the same. After I press Next it says ā€œapp not installedā€. Help!

I see that the humidity get changed, but should it not be with rawData[3]?, in
Ruuvitag.java.

//   humidity = (rawData[3]) * 0.5;

humidity = ((float) (rawData[1] & 0xFF)) / 2f;

I also see that it is 17 dayes since the RuuvitagScanner.apk is updatet.

Is there a dukoment somewhere, that explan how to make the apk?

@anon24749318, weā€™ll try to update APK during the weekend and fix that RawData Humidity too.
About signing, you can find good tutorials online. Basically you need to create your of certificate to sign the app.