Alerts

I just got my Gateway a few days ago, and I have to say, the setup is easy and I like the way you’ve handled the authentication in such an easy-to-use and simple way. I’m going to go berserk if I have to create one more password, and you’ve managed to avoid that, thank you!

I’d like to set an alert for humidity, but in the web version the alerts are disabled. I was actually able to add an alert from Ruuvi Station, which was great, but it’s a bit confusing when the alerts are simply disabled without explanation in the web version.

I would also like a bit more contextual information on what it actually means to set an alert in the mobile app. Does it send a notification? I have notifications enabled in Ruuvi Station on iOS, but I didn’t get an alert when I set one. Now I’m not sure if there’s something else I should do, or how to test if the alerts actually work. I was also unsure if the alert I’m setting in Ruuvi Station is based on the Gateway listening to the tag, or the “old” method where you can have your phone connected to the tag continuously. I figured it wouldn’t connect unless I enabled it from the tag settings, and this seems to be the case. I did get an email alert, so it seems to work, but it’s a bit hard to use as you have no idea what to expect when you’re setting the alert.

Currently alerts are send by email, push notification alerts are on the task list.

Hi Henri,

Should the email alerts work from all types of alerts?

I tried to set an alert to a movement, but did not receive any emails.
Gateway Firmware version is 1.8.2.

It should work but some users have reported some troubles and we are investigating that. Could you try to update RuuviTag firmware and see if it has any difference?