I’m looking to set up 2-way communication between a tag and a Raspberry Pi, triggered when the tag comes within range of the Pi. The Pi should send a message to the tag to turn on one of its LEDs, and continue to send that message as long as the tag is nearby. Once the tag is out of range and no longer receives the messages, it should turn the LED off. Additionally, I would like to take advantage of Eddystone-EID to keep everything secure.
To that end, here are some questions:
- How can I send a message to turn on an LED?
- Will I need to rewrite part of the firmware?
- Can I still use Eddystone to take advantage of Eddystone-EID?
- Is Eddystone even a 2-way protocol?
- Can I mix-and-match protocols?
- Can I use Eddystone-EID just for the beacon’s broadcast, and then send messages with another protocol?
- Is Espruino the way to do it?
- Can the ruuvitag_sensor Python package give me proximity data? I’m hoping to trigger everything when the tag is within a few meters of the Pi.