Ruuvi and RPi3 w Grafana & InfluxDB

Do you have another “host” computer? desktop/ laptop/tablet?
running Mac OS/IOS/windows/linux.
There are additional tools for these platforms I can recommend that might help you determine/confirm the addresses.
Discovering MAC addresses

From a console (terminal/ ssh / putty ) on/to the Raspberry pi you can query you existing database using influx
A command similar to:

SELECT mac, 32 + last(temperature) * 9 / 5, humidity FROM ruuvi.autogen.ruuvi_measurements GROUP BY mac ORDER BY time ASC TZ('America/New_York')

will list all the MAC address in your database.

Re determining MAC address: android/linux systems can retrieve the MAC address from the header.

Apple has chosen not to permit apps from seeing the header so format RAWv2 (05) includes the MAC address at the end of the data.

hcitool does not know about the data and changing the format of the packets does not effect it.

I’m getting: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(’
when running command that you referenced.

Here’s the results of the curl command in the link that you provided:
{“results”:[{“statement_id”:0,“series”:[{“name”:“ruuvi_measurements”,“tags”:{“mac”:“C82B6B37B5F9”},“columns”:[“time”,“mac”,“last”],“values”:[[“2020-02-08T16:32:41.783Z”,“C82B6B37B5F9”,20.83]]}]}]}

real 0m0.116s
user 0m0.042s
sys 0m0.021s

The SELECT command is a influx command.
you need to be " using influx"

i.e.

>influx
InfluxDB shell version: 1.8.4
> SELECT...   ORDER BY time ASC TZ('America/New_York')

Anyway the MAC “C82B6B37B5F9” from the database query agrees with the hcitool lescan.

As Srcin says:It appears that you have an old version of RuuviCollector.

This is related to a rare issue fixed already in RuuviCollector v0.2.4 (latest version at the moment is v0.2.6), you should update your version of RuuviCollector, which should resolve at least some of the issues

Thanks for all the support guys… I’ll perform the upgrade and report back.

Is there a link that has instructions on how to perform the upgrade?

It depends on which exact method you used for the installation for the first time, but in general the process is simply just replacing the jar file with a new version and restarting the collector. If you downloaded the prebuilt jar, you can just download a newer one from the releases page. If you instead built RuuviCollector yourself, you need to just acquire the latest sources (ie. the same way you did before) and rebuild.

Jeff, Do you have any special router or other wireless device?

Yes, I’m accessing my RPi via Zerotier… Does that matter?

Also, after upgrading the jar file, I’m receiving the following error when trying to restart:
ruuvicollector.service - RuuviCollector Service

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/ruuvicollector.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2021-02-14 12:43:17 CST; 2min 57s ago

Main PID: 5116 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: ruuvicollector.service: Service RestartSec=100ms
expired, scheduling restart.

Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: ruuvicollector.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: Stopped RuuviCollector Service.
Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: ruuvicollector.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: ruuvicollector.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Feb 14 12:43:17 svp-rpi systemd[1]: Failed to start RuuviCollector Service.

I have some notes here http://mybeacons.info/RuuviCollectorSD.html

Take note section V