PHP Based Server for Ruuvi Station gateway

Long time ago I was a C programmer, more recently I have had to dabble in PHP and the odd bit of javascript where it can’t be avoided. I’m drawing the line at learning anything else. To me Python’s are snakes and should be left in the basket, Ruby’s are to be worn and Node Red sounds like a great action movie, maybe I’m just getting too old for this.

Anyway, I struggled to find something to log the data from my newly acquired tags, at least something I understood and not just typed in a bunch of obscure linux commands and hey presto something happens.

Therefore I have available should anyone be interested a mysql / php based “server” to act as the end point for the Ruuvi Station in Gateway mode, it receives the html POST, parses the sensor data then inserts into a mysql database. my second iteration of this also has a couple of php scripts which when called from a browser, retreive the data from the mysql database, load it into the google visualization API and plots either the humidity or temperature readings from 6 sensors.

It’s not cutting edge, it needs a bit of a tidy up, but it does work and I’m relatively pleased with the graphs.

Let me know if your interested and I’ll figure out where to put it.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Your project sounds interesting addition to what there already is, I’m sure there’s a lot of people familiar with LAMP stack who’d enjoy it. Most of the community projects can be found at GitHub, but of course you can pick any platform to share your project.

1 Like