New project: External Ruuvi sensor boards

I looked up the temperature ratings of the major hot air balloon envelope manufacturers

the highest I found was 130°C “never exceed” for Ultramagic envelopes, all others below

so far I had no issues with the sensor cable and temperature but then I try not to fly the envelope beyond 100° (much faster aging when hotter)

• Michael

https://www.caa.co.uk/Documents/Download/3935/2e8099b2-440e-486d-bc0f-349bde4adf58/1269#:~:text=Envelope%20Temperature%3A%20The%20envelope%20temperature,C%20(250°F).

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/downloads/7573/en

Are these sensors available in smaller quantities for “regular” consumers?

Ruuvi is working to get the external sensor for sale and we just received the first samples for testing.

1 Like

great to hear!

while we did the software mod because it was necessary and our own case we’d be happy to drop this if a suitable stock product is available

Michael

NB this is of course for the sensor only which is inside the envelope, the actual electronics is outside and not exposed to these temperatures

Hi Henry,

curious - what’s the state of affairs? any timeline?

• Michael

I’m also interested in the timeline. Anything more to share?

Hi,

Hopefully we will receive the first batch in December. Will keep updated here once we have news to be shared.

This is an interesting project. Especially I like the goal to make prototyping faster and easier with these sensor boards. I am a new user of RuuviTags (I bought two tags and Ruuvi Gateway from Black Week sale of Verkkokauppa) and I am very interested about possibilities to create different kind of IoT prototypes with Ruuvi products. Recently I also bought an IoT prototyping kit SensorTile.Box PRO made by ST Microelectronics and it would be great to have similar possibilities based on RuuviTags.

I’m really happy to see this already well under way. Apparently temperature loggers with external sensors are not very common, and neither are ones without silly proprietary apps/protocols. And if you like me need both of those things in one device, they pretty much don’t exist. Fortunately it seems to be changing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

done with qualifying the product yet? when will this show up in the webshop?

I should give an availability timeframe for an interested customer

what should I tell them?

best regards

Michael

We already have external temperature sensors in stock but we are still finishing product packaging and documentation material etc. Please contact us at sales@ruuvi.com for pricing and early units if interested.

1 Like

thanks, that was the right answer :grinning:

inquiry incoming

Michael

1 Like

Michael: So where are you flying?

I sent an email to sales, but did not get a reply. Can you please check the spam folder?

Hi @attah , please write to support@ruuvi.com if for some reason you didn’t get a reply yet.

1 Like