Layout of ruuvi tag or devkit

Hi,
Our company wants to design an extended board for ruuvitag, so we can add our sensor to it. we plan to mount ruuvitag on the top our board, kind like the devkit but we want to actually solder it. Just wondering if there’s any document for the layout of ruuvitag or devkit so I can design our board accordingly?
I’m using Eagle, but any other documents are also very helpful.
thanks,
Cindy

There you go:

See more info about our licenses:

Hi lauri
Thanks for your respones, one more question, if I design a board(might be the same size with ruvvitag) and solder ruvvitag on the top if it, is it ok I have circuit under the antenna and nfc part of the ruvvitag?

You can have PCB material (FR4) under the antennas but it’s important not to place any copper or components there as it would directly affect the performance of the antennas.

any copper? like even GND is not allowed?

Yes, no copper. It’s basic PCB design principle not to add any copper under antennas.

thanks, that’s very helpful.

Hi, another question, if I use devkit to reprogram my ruuvi tag, Are swo, swdio, swdclk, enough? or all the other pins are mandatory?
like if I only connect swo, swdio and swdclk, can I reprogram it? I don’t feel other spi, i2c and adc pins are need for reprgram, maybe vdd and gnd will be require? let me know if I was wrong to assume this.

“Yes, no copper. It’s basic PCB design principle not to add any copper under antennas.”
just under anetnna? what about nfc, is it ok?
I saw the nfc-like patten under RUUVI logo on the tag, is it ok to have components under there?

Please check the programming header, it has the 6 required pins.

Having other components under NFC antenna might detune the antenna, but you may be able to tune the antenna again with different capacitors. You’ll need to test it on a real PCB or ask someone to simulate the antenna to be sure. NFC antenna was tuned to the current design, so any change will probably require retuning.

Hi otso
I didn’t mean redesign the board, I mean I will design another pcb and solder it with ruvvi tag, do I need all 6 pins to reprogram the board? (like I will leave required pins exposed so I can program the chip to support added sensor) While two board soldering together, I feel my add components will be far away from NFC and antenna, still a no?
thanks,
Cindy

Yes, all 6 pins of the programming header are required.

It depends, if your components are far enough they won’t matter. I don’t know how far away exactly will be enough.

@otso Will Cindy need the the Nordic DevKIt board to be able to reprogram Ruuvi tag with 6 pins ( and something like http://www.tag-connect.com/TC2030-CTX-NL) ?

Not necessarily, if I understood correctly Cindy will design entirely new PCB which connects to programming pins in the same way as Ruuvi devkit

Hi otso,
Sorry, no. my plan is design a another pcb and solder it to ruvvi tag with the connect pin on the back of ruuvi tag. It’s like adding more sensors to ruuvi tag.
Cindy

@Cindy Of course reprogramming via DeviceFirmwareUpdate(OverTheAir) is easier

Hi dgerman,
Thanks for your suggestion.
But is there any limitations on OTA? I’m not familiar with it .
I can change anything in the firmware and OTA it?
Thanks,
Cindy

The factory installed firmware includes a boot loader

Refer to https://lab.ruuvi.com/dfu/

Jatkoa ketjulle Layout of ruuvi tag or devkit:

Hei Lauri!
Onko tuohon RuuviTagiin helposti/ollenkaan modattavissa muun jännitteen mittaus kuin oman syöttöjännitteen?
Meillä on piirilevystä versio B7.1 mutta en heti löytänyt tuosta piirikaaviosta sitä varsinaisen IC:n jännitteenmittausnastaa.
Kiitos!

Google translates as:
Is it possible to easily / at all modify the measurement of a voltage other than your own supply voltage to that ruuvi Tag?
We have a version B7.1 of the circuit board but I didn’t immediately find the actual IC voltage measuring pin in that circuit diagram.
Thank you!