Connection oriented instead Broadcast oriented

Hello
I need to at some time connect to ruuvitag in order to accomplish some tasks and then disconnect from it and continue to be in broadcast mode.
AFAIK current firmware do not allow it, I am right?

Please , is there any alternative firmware that allows to stablish connection to the ruuvi tag?

Any way to do this?

Thank you
Nat

Hello,

Code exists for DFU service, Device information service and Nordic UART service both on 2.x and 3.x versions of fw. However having just the code for the connection is a small part of the complete solution, you’ll also need to code the logic for connection itself. Can you tell more about your application and what you need to get done?

Thanks
I have been changing firmware source code by changin gadvertisements time and related but I can not see any connection oriented source code (such as service and characteristics)

I would like to spread data using broadcast (adv) while accepting connections. If smart phone makes connection, the smartphone will write in a charateristic and then end connection and ruuvi must continue broadcast data using advertisements.

Does firmware is preprared to accept connections? If so where is the code for that? If not where can I find that initial code your are talking about?

“Code exists for DFU service, Device information service and Nordic UART service both on 2.x and 3.x versions of fw.”
Where? :slight_smile:

Many thanks
Nat

Our development blog has example of GATT connection, https://blog.ruuvi.com/ruuvi-firmware-part-16-ble-gatt-connection-cc77e3dca53a .

You can also send me an email to otso@ruuvi.com and cc info@ruuvi.com with more details of your application and we can find ways to assist you when we know more about your application

Unfortunetly, [Ruuvi GitHub] link seems that does not has the complete project and [Ruuvi Jenkin]is invalid…

I would like to implement a app/firmware that is connection oriented and not broadcast oriented (the same features but connection oriented)

Thanks

Please send us the email and we’ll see if we can assist you. Some of our partner companies have services with custom firmwares which might be a good fit for you.