3d model for Ruuvitag enclosure

Hello,

I am planning to use my Ruuvitag with external sensors. For this I need to connect some wires to the Ruuvitag. I just got access to a 3D printer and would like to print a case where I can install a connector. Waterproof is not one of my requirements as it will be used indoor.

Are there any 3D models available that I could modify for my needs?

The design files aren’t online as of right now, but I think we can share those. Would .step work for you?

Hello,

.step is unfortunately supported only as read-only. I am using Designspark Mechanical which supports the following file formats:

• DS Mechanical (.rsdoc)
  • ECAD (.idf/.idb/.emn)
  • SketchUp (.skp)
  • STL files (*.stl)

Is any of those file-formats possible? I converted .step to .stl using a web-service. The result did not seem to be very editable either so I guess one of the other would be better. But I guess anything is better than starting from the scratch so also .step would be of help.

Ok, we’ll see what we can do.

Thanks in advance.

Thinking about it, I would prefer the .step format over .stl if those are the only two options. I can convert it from .step to .stl via the web-site that I found. And the .step looks much better/cleaner if I import it as read-only and I might be able to use it as a “model” if I start modeling myself around it.

Hello,

have you been able to check if it is possible for you to publish the 3D model of the Ruuvitag enclosure?

Sorry for the delay. Check this out:

1 Like

Hi, gibt es ein 3D Model vom Ruuvi selbst?

Hello,

Please see https://github.com/ruuvi/mechanics/tree/master/ruuvitag-pcb

1 Like

Gibt es davon auch eine STL Datei?

Hello, the step file is the preferred format for interchangeability between different CAD programs, and therefore we’ll provide the file in step format. You should be able to generate .stl or g-code with your preferred toolchain from it.

1 Like