RuuviTag Pin-out Information

This topic is dedicated to comments and conversations about the following RuuviLab tutorial:

If you don’t see any comments yet, don’t be afraid to be the first one to contribute!

I did not see any mention of UART in the Pin-out Information. Is there access to UART on the Ruuvitag?

Wohoo, you just posted the first RuuviLab comment, ever!

As a prize, we would like to ship you some RuuviTags, free of charge. Check your private messages.

Yes, UART is available. Please refer to Nordic’s material.

We’re aiming to shoot a video clip showing how to solder external wires easily on bottom of RuuviTag.

Before that, just a few tips. First, use wire-wrap wire:

It’s thin and easy to solder and route. If you’re connecting external sensor(s) for example and would like to use the stock enclosure, you can use those three (devshield alignment) holes on the PCB to get the wires from the bottom to top.

Soldering tips:

1. Add some solder on the 1mm diameter test pad on the bottom of the PCB.
  2. Remove cover plastic of tip of the wire. You can peel around 1mm from the tip. Should do it.
  3. Add some solder on the tip so that it will joint easily with the test pad.
  4. Heat the test pad (which has solder bump already).
  5. Touch the melted solder bump wit the tip of your wrap-wire (which has solder on it).
  6. Quit touching the test pad with your soldering iron.
  7. Wait a few secs.
  8. Done.

Check out board layout

Update:

Rev.B5 and B6 hardware design files are available for download:

2 Likes

in schematic where does PWR_FLAG connect to?
i’m trying to understand the schematic and trying to incorporate it to my circuit by removing some of sensors.
thank you

Hi Paul,

The PWR_FLAG doesn’t connect to anywhere, it tells to electronic rules check that the signal is a power signal, e.g. a battery.

Thank you :grin:
i have been scrambling my head for a while going through pcb design and schematic

Hey,

For:
P1 = Standard 10-pin ARM Cortex debug connector (on RuuviTag Rev.B1-B5)

Is this compatable with:

I don’t know. The footprint on B1-B5 wasn’t designed to take the tag-connect connector, but it might fit if the pinout matches. @lauri your thoughts?

The receptacle connector on other end won’t be compatible with nRF52-Dk, as it has 2.54 mm spacing while nRF52 DK has 1.27 mm spacing on programming header.

P1 = Standard 10-pin ARM Cortex debug connector (on RuuviTag Rev.B1-B5)

The link appears to be dead.

Thanks, I removed the link since it’s relevant to boards which are not sold anymore.