RuuviTag+ disconnecting before firmware upload's end

Hello!

I cannot update the firmware of one of my RuuviTag+ : It’s constantly disconnecting from nRF Connect before the end of the firmware upload. I have tried with the Weather Station firmware and the BLE App Beacon firmware without any luck.
It stays connected up to 2-5% of the upload, after that the green led turns off, the red turns on and nRF Connect show “disconnected”
I have try with nRF Toolbox with the same result : No firmware update.
I also try keeping the B button press: No luck

My other 4 RuuviTag+ were updated without any issue, so I’m puzzled : Is th fith broken? Or some workaround to update?

Thanks.

Emmanuel.

Hello,

Sometimes problems with BLE connections can be fixed by resetting the BLE on phone by turning bluetooth off and on again. Also removal / reinsertion of battery in tag might help.

Just try a removal / reinsertion of the battery on the Ruuvi and an Bluetooth on/off on my phone => Same result = disconnection at 2% of the upload.
Also try with my wife’s phone, same result…

Strange, what’s going on with this 5th?

At last I updated my fith tag using my tablet, and I may find out the issue :smile: : I don’t know why it happens with only this tag, but it seems the Mi Fit on my phone app interferes with the firmware update in some ways :confused:.
I removed it from my phone and the firmware update is successful :+1:.

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved, thank you for sharing the fix